Author Topic: CHAPTER 5 - SECTION 10  (Read 450 times)

Commentary

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
CHAPTER 5 - SECTION 10
« on: April 06, 2019, 04:24:34 PM »
5.10.1.This Section describes the goal and the result of all meditations. When a man who knows those meditations departs from this world, gives up the body, he reaches the air, which remains crosswise in the sky, motionless and impenetrable. The air makes an opening there, in its own body separates the parts of its own body, i.e. makes a holy in it for him, as he comes. What is the size of that hole? Like the hole of a chariot-wheel, which is of a well-known size. He, the sages, goes upwards (lit. upward-bound) through that and reaches the sun. The sun stands blocking the way for the prospective traveller to the world of Brahman; he too lets a sage with this kind of meditation pass. He makes an opening there for him like the hole of a tabor (Lambara), a kind of musical instrument. He goes upwards through that and reaches the moon. She too makes an opening there for him like the hole of a drum, the size of which is well known. He goes upwards through that and reaches a world, that of Hiranyagarbha. What kind of world? Free from grief, i.e. mental troubles, and from cold, i.e. physical sufferings. Reaching it, he lives there for eternal years, i.e. for many cycles of ours, which constitute the lifetime of Hiranyagarbha.